html pics

html pics

by ivan breziansky -
Number of replies: 7
Hi,

for some reason since yesterday i cant add any pics to html block. I tried few formats (jpg, png, bmp), but instead of picture it shows only text. On a server it shows the picture, but on other computers it shows only text. Can you please let me know why..?

Thank you
Average of ratings: -
In reply to ivan breziansky

Re: html pics

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Ivan
Are the images displaying for you when logged in on the other computer? Check out the Insert Image Tips & Tricks on the Moodle Docs page for some hints about ensuring the image is located in a directory everyone who needs to see it can access. If you insert an image from one course that user's don't have access to it will not display.
I hope the FAQ helps
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by ivan breziansky -
Hi Teresa,

i looked at the pics and cant find anything unussual. Resources dont have any permissions assigned to them, files can be accessed by everyone and it works on server, but not on user workstation. The pics are stored in moodledata folder and pernissions on that folder is fine as well. I even uploaded few new images and its the same story. Please advice.
Thank you.

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Ivan
Have you checked the images on another browser/machine/user?
Are other images OK in your site or is it just those in the HTML block? Try adding the same image (copy/paste the html code) into a label on the front page of the same course to see if it displays there.
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by ivan breziansky -
Hi,

yeah, i tried to insert pictude from library to a label on a frontpage and its the same story. On a server it shows, but on another computer it doesnt. The image path seems to be correct /file.php/1/picture.jpg

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Have you checked site admin>server>HTTP slash arguments? Change it from whatever it is already and see if that makes a difference?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by ivan breziansky -
Hi Mary,

i changed it (admin>server>HTTP slash arguments) and re-added the pic. the same.. its doesnt show the picture on user computer, only title.

by Sergio Di Fiore -
I have to add that I'm experiencing the same problem.

I made many moodle instalations before, and it's the first time that happens.

I upload the image, and it goes fine, and when I try to use it... No image... Nothing...