Changing how students see the grade book

Changing how students see the grade book

by Mike Korn -
Number of replies: 2
Dear All,

I have recently upgraded my school's Moodle site to the latest version. I love the new gradebook, but I am unhappy with the same old boring view the students have of it.

Is it possible to change their default view? What I would really like to do is have them see what I see when I choose view > user report and then select an individual student from the drop down menu.

That view looks really nice, is easy to understand and the feedback column is nice and wide and easy to read. I would also like to know if that view could be exported and printed just the way it looks on the screen. The export feature as it is results in a very ugly document. I am really trying to do away with report cards at my school and this would be a good step in that direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
In reply to Mike Korn

Re: Changing how students see the grade book

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Mike
Have you asked a student to log in to show you the gradebook? Our students see the new interface, below is a screenshot of a test student logged into my dev site 'Gradebook' course. This is the same as what I see when I choose view > user report > Student One.

When our students need to print their gradebook they simply print the browser window.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa
Attachment studentGradebookView.gif