i get "Course module is incorrect" error when i try to set up choice on mooodle 1.9.3 main page

i get "Course module is incorrect" error when i try to set up choice on mooodle 1.9.3 main page

by Alexander Lifanov -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all!

please help me with my problem - i want to use choice block on moodle's MAIN page. So i set up choice element on my main page, but can't then access it - there is "Course module is incorrect" error... So i can't set up block because it gets information from this choice element...

Will be very appreciate for any advice,

Alexander
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexander Lifanov

Re: i get "Course module is incorrect" error when i try to set up choice on mooodle 1.9.3 main page

by Alexander Lifanov -
it's ok now after moodle reinstall.. so i could not find out what the problem was about.

My next problem is to set Choice block on Moodle's main page (for all courses). Is it possible? (i still can't make it work with Choice and Choice_Quick blocks..)

Thanks ahaid!
Alexander

Re: i get "Course module is incorrect" error when i try to set up choice on mooodle 1.9.3 main page

by Matthew Knott -

For anyone trying to find a solution here we tracked our problem to the logs table.
Although it is set to keep logs for 2 days the logs table was 100mb, with 750,000 records. This was stopping the backup/export from working, although it never reported a problem.
After physically emptying the log table and doing the backup again the import worked and the page works.
It appears that the logs prevented the user table from importing which in turn stopped the articles as the user that created them did not exist.
I hope our experience helps someone.

回复: Re: i get "Course module is incorrect" error when i try to set up choice on mooodle 1.9.3 main page

by yanffei fei -

I managed to copy the wrong code into the instructions. An updated version is attached.