Short answer multilang

Short answer multilang

by Beat Z -
Number of replies: 10
Hi

I try to enter correct speld answers in to a short question typ. but they have to be in 3 languages.

if I enter the question and give a wrong answer then it displays:
Richtige Antwort: <span lang="de" class="multilang">Druck</span>
anstead of only: Druck

Any ideeas??

Regards, beat
Attachment multilang.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beat Z

Re: Short answer multilang

by Jeff Forssell -
Am I correct in assuming you put the "Richtige Antwort: <span lang="de" class="multilang">Druck</span> etc" in the "Feedback for incorrect answer" field?

Could you paste in the raw html text (You can't enter reliably enter in the WYSIWYG mode) that you have in that field?

It looks a bit strange that "Richtige Antwort: "

is outside of the <span lang="de" class="multilang"> tags.

In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Beat Z -

hi jeff, wille writing a long answer i found the mistake, THANKS!

regards beat
In reply to Beat Z

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Beat,
Do I understand it correctly that you are actually having multilingual questions (of the shortanswer type) in 3 different languages? If so, then which word(s) do you enter in the Answer field? Do you create 3 correct answers, one for each language? Would it not be better to create 3 separate sets of questions, one for each language?
Can you please provide more detailed examples of what you are doing?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Beat Z -
Hi joseph,

I found the mistake of my prblem.

Because I dont want to have for each language sets of questions, I enter all the langues in to one question. If the student selects his mothertong then he sees also only this language. This way I have far less work to do in administraiting all the questions.

reagrds

beat

PS. if you want to know more please keep asking.
In reply to Beat Z

by Jeff Forssell -
I would be interested especially in knowing what the mistake was so I can improve the docs.

But it would also be interesting to see what sample question werre like- expecially if you could export one/some in Moodle xml format.
In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jeff,
I would also be interested in seeing the actual questions text. Beat, can you please answer all of the questions I asked you in my previous post?
Thanks in advance,
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Beat Z -
Hi Joseph

Sorry for my late response!

for regular singelchoise questions see attachment. Is the way with: <span class="multilang" lang="de"> working perfectly!

On short answers its a bit more complicated, i dont realy understand the diffrence. logicaly it should work exactly the same way like in singelchoice quetions. Unfortunatlly it's not possible to work with <span class="multilang" lang="en"> code like this in the answer containers. So yes i have for each language at least 1 corect answer.

Regards,

Beat
In reply to Beat Z

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Beat,

Thanks for the attached example. I'm afraid your are right: the short answer question type does not use the multilang filter when it analyses the student's answer. You have found the correct workaround (providing at least one correct answer per language).

As your kind of situation does not arises often, I doubt that Tim Hunt would have the time to make recognition of multilang filter a new feature of the short answer question type.wink

Joseph

In reply to Beat Z

Odp: Re: Short answer multilang

by eliza papajanis -
I would like to understand the aim of this exerise; is your objective to teach the vocabulary for two, three (more?) languages or just one and exericising the power of concentration of the sudents at the same time?
Is HTML the only way to write it?

Regards,

Eliza
In reply to Beat Z

by Jeff Forssell -
Thanks for sharing your questions. A lot of work, getting everything marked up for all those languages. And quite robust that Moodle can handle it for the most part!

When I read the question: "What is happening if water is heated up in a closed system?" I had to send this link: