Frontpage horrible when viewed in Internet Explorer

Frontpage horrible when viewed in Internet Explorer

by Chris Creed -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I hope I have posted in the correct place.

I write all my moodle with a Mac, with either Firefox or Safari, and everything looks fine.

However, whe I look at the sight on a PC with either Xp or Vista and Internet explorer, the site becomes all scrunched up.

I tried removing the site description and including a central topics section.

I am using the theme "Horizontal Menu"

I am including a screenshot from the screen viewed on a Mac and on a PC.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Kind regards

Chris
Attachment activescreen.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Creed

Re: Frontpage horrible when viewed in Internet Explorer

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You should try to keep the posts about this in the same thread!

At the risk of being unhelpful - it's not really a Moodle issue. Can't you complain to the person who designed your theme and front page content. I suspect that they didn't test it in IE.
In reply to Chris Creed

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
While this is not really a Moodle issue the problem actually lies with Microsoft. The chances are that you are using IE6 or 7,and they do not render things appropriately. My understanding is that they have had an issue implementing Javascript and maybe the Zend engine. IE8 however, does a much better job of rendering the pages, but it has been reported quietly that it has an issue with Java. (This means that I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the reports, but given Microsoft's history with adapting to someone else's "standards", I would not be surprised they want to do their own thing.)

Having said that, and looking at your front page shot, I suggest you might want to go to this page, and assess your site against the criteria you might find there. blush
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Chris Creed -
Thanks Colin, at least that sort of points me in a direction.

kind regards

Chris