can't use scheduler in 1.9.5 "Unknown help topic richtext2"

can't use scheduler in 1.9.5 "Unknown help topic richtext2"

by alain madec -
Number of replies: 12

Hello,

I installed scheduler module (uploaded to moodle through cpanel).

A scheduler module appears in the list of modules (Administration).

But when I want to create a scheduler, it shows the message :

"Unknown help topic richtext2", and create nothing.

Anybody can help, please ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to alain madec

Re: can't use scheduler in 1.9.5 "Unknown help topic richtext2"

by Scott Krajewski -
Can you see what version it is under Modules -> Activities -> Manage Activities? Our version is 2008061700 and it is working.
In reply to Scott Krajewski

by Mike Flender -
I had the same problem on a new moodle 1.9.5+ install with Scheduler version 2008080800. I had to backrev to 2008061700. I obtained Scheduler 2008061700 (release 11) from http://www.ethnoinformatique.fr/course/view.php?id=122*=en
I then edited the version number in mysql via phpmyadmin using these directions.
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=91745
I changed the version number to 2008010100 and installed the 2008061700 version of scheduler. I went to notifications to finish install and all was well.
In reply to alain madec

by Brian Powell -
I have tried to get scheduler working on 1.9.5 and it is giving me a lot of trouble. I installed the latest version and it keeps giving me the richtext2 error. I have uninstalled it completely, downloaded the older version, changed the table version and nothing seems to work. Is there any other work around?
In reply to Brian Powell

by Paul Vaughan -
Edit, scrub that, the 1.9 version is versioned older than the 'latest' download which doesn't work.
In reply to alain madec

by Paul Vaughan -
At a basic level, the problem is being caused by a part of the code not being able to put a 'help' button on the screen.

Comment out line 29 of mod_form.php (add // to the start of the line) and it will not attempt to add the help button, and the form will work. Line 29 should look like this:

//$mform->setHelpButton('description', array('writing', 'questions', 'richtext2'), false, 'editorhelpbutton');

I'm not sure what's broken, but this bypasses the issue and things start working again.

-Paul.
In reply to alain madec

by Paul Vaughan -
I have a fix, which appears to work exactly as I'd expect.

Replace line 29 of scheduler/mod_form.php:
$mform->setHelpButton('description', array('writing', 'questions', 'richtext2'), false, 'editorhelpbutton');
...with this:
$mform->setHelpButton('description', array('writing', 'richtext'), false, 'editorhelpbutton');

It works for me running 1.9.5+. Please reply on success or failure.

-Paul.

In reply to Paul Vaughan

by Valery Fremaux -

Hi fellows,

the 'richtext2' occurrence is symptomatic of a Moodle 2.0 code.

The issue you all got was that the distribution link on the Scheduler (now Scheduler pre-1.9) is erroneous and points to HEAD.

The HEAD code of scheduler is reworked for Moodle 2.0 for a little while,

The only working package and legitimate is now accessible through the Scheduler 1.9 entry to which I have enough write access to make it correct.

http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=2732&filter=1

Apologize for the trouble, guys... 

Cheers.

In reply to Valery Fremaux

by Paul Vaughan -
Hi Valery.

The link to the newer version of the Scheduler you link to above and on the pre-1.9 Scheduler page appears to be dead, saying 'not approved yet'. Can you shed any light on this?

Cheers,

Paul.
In reply to Paul Vaughan

by Paul Vaughan -
Works fine now! Thx.
In reply to Paul Vaughan

Admin Participant in Scheduler Module

by Janet Smith -
I am running what I think is the most recent version of the Scheduler Module:

I am noticing that the site-wide Admin account gets added as a student every time an instance of the Scheduler Module is inserted.

The Admin doesn't have rights to
mod/scheduler:attend or mod/scheduler:appoint, which seems to be what the code is looking for to add users, so I am guessing there might be an issue where it isn't recognizing the site-wide role assignment and including the admin where it shouldn't.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!