Who/what changed LDAP

Who/what changed LDAP

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In Moodle 1.3 we had LDAP working and picking up user information from the LDAP fields. We upgraded to 1.4 (on several different servers) and while authentication continued to work LDAP stopped picking up the user information. Now in 1.4.1 (and CVS for that matter) it's all working again. I don't see anything in the CVS change logs to account for this - anybody got any info?

Another question - does Moodle always show the user profile screen for a new user if they use LDAP authentication or only when it can't get all of their firstname, lastname and email? I think I may have seen it skip this page, but maybe I'm going crazy wide eyes
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Who/what changed LDAP

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
My bet is that it was this fix.

And yes, it only shows the profile editing screen to new users when the user is missing any of the crucial information.