I don't have a server!

I don't have a server!

by Jason Hicks -
Number of replies: 2
I work at a new charter school and we don't have a site server. I am wondering if there is another way to host Moodle, such as by registering and hosting a domain name and installing the php code on that website. Is this possible?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Hicks

Re: I don't have a server!

by DeWayne Demland -
Are you saying you do not have an internal server? If that is the case you will need to get a domain name and hosting services set up. Have you used moodle before? I have my own web site that is hosted through Godaddy. I was setting my training program up there using Frontpage. I have found this program last week and have it set up on a "local" server, a seprate hard drive on my system. I am testing it now and then when IO have it set up and am familaur with it, I will up load it to my regular server. I could encourge you to do this if you have not used it beofe. It will make a lot less headahces for you then learning on the fly.
In reply to Jason Hicks

Re: I don't have a server!

by Frank Erazo -
If you're looking at a host company, I recommend BlueHost (www.bluehost.com).

I have my personal Moodle instance there. It is pretty affordable, however, you will probably be limited on your authentication options.

Good luck.