Administration FAQ - how to change Admin password

Administration FAQ - how to change Admin password

by Darren Adkinson -
Number of replies: 3
I only see a FAQ about forgetting my admin password, nothing explicitly about changing it. Can one be added?

It appears I have to change the admin password in the relevant MySQL table, is that really correct? There is no more straightforward method?

Thanks.
Darren

Moodle 1.9.5 hosted by my ISP, Bluehost.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Adkinson

Re: Administration FAQ - how to change Admin password

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Nope... log in as Admin, go to your profile page and change your password. Exactly the same as everybody else.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Darren Adkinson -
Thanks, that got me there. I was looking at the admin page for control of my moodle package.

I just installed phpBB and WordPress and the first action after install was to give me an easy and obvious way of changing my admin password - could Moodle could do the same.
In reply to Darren Adkinson

by E. L. Cooper -

More obvious than logging and editing your profile? The forgotten password system uses a 2 step process and changes it for you.

I am going to leap out and take a bet you installed moodle with simple scripts. On your moodle front page in the administration block click > Server then Environment and you will see an error Here is a video on fixing it your self

http://www.e-blackboard.org/mod/resource/view.php?id=507