Add Blocks drop down disappeared

Add Blocks drop down disappeared

by David Le Blanc -
Number of replies: 3
The "Add blocks" drop-down list has disappeared for one of my teachers in a couple of her courses. I've read elsewhere in this forum how this can occur if the teacher adds all of the blocks possible, but that is not the case for this teacher. As the administrator, I logged in as her and deleted one of her side blocks, but that still didn't bring back the "Add blocks" menu. When I am logged in as myself, I can see the "Add blocks" drop-down list. I thought it might have something to do with her assigned role so I removed her as teacher then put her back but she still cannot see the drop-down list when she turns editing on.

Has anyone else experienced this, or no another strategy to correct the problem? We are using Moodle 1.94.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Le Blanc

Re: Add Blocks drop down disappeared

by Alonso Pombo -
Mmmm try checking if she has some universal role assigned..... because u could be facing a role contradiction.... that happened to me a couple of months ago, i reset all my universal roles and the preferences they have and walla that did the miracle ;D
In reply to Alonso Pombo

by David Le Blanc -
Thanks for your reply Alonso. She doesn't have a defined system role; however, she was given the role of Administrator (as well as teacher) in the context of her course. I thought that might have something to do with the issue, so I unassigned her from the administrator role and teacher role, then put her back in just as teacher. It didn't remedy the problem.
In reply to David Le Blanc

by Alonso Pombo -
Mmmm in my config i fdo the following:
1. everyones universal role is student, not assigned just system default...
2. Within a course i have no administrators, only teachers and students

Have you checked the privileges teachers have? maybe you deselected the ability to edit blocks, or some other one... try giving it a look.... and lemme know how it goes...

Btw she the only one having that problem? all the rest of the teachers are all right?