Students are able to modify Activities

Students are able to modify Activities

by Anshul Singhal -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I am new to Moodle. I am using Moodle 1.9 and I am facing a issue related to it. From the admin login I have created a resource which is showing a flash file. Now when I am logging in from students login, I am able to see the the file in my Main Menu as well as I am also able to modify it.

Pls help me in this regard. I am waiting for your suggestions.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anshul Singhal

Re: Students are able to modify Activities

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I assume you are meaning on the front page of your Moodle? Look at site admin>front page>front page roles. Is your default role set to teacher? If it is, then you need to change it back to - if I recall correctly - none. Or is this file in one of the courses? If so, check your default role is not teacher in the course settings and also go to site admin>users>permissions and make sure your users are not assigned any system roles such as teacher.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anshul Singhal -

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was talking about the front page. I have followed the same steps as suggested by you and now students are not able to modify the flash file but still teachers are able to modify the same.

Pls tell me how can I restrict the same for the teachers?

Thanks in Advance....

In reply to Anshul Singhal

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In the front page roles make sure it is set to none. And then go to users>permissions>assign system roles and make sure you have no teachers assigned in there - your teachers should only be assigned the role of teacher in the courses where they teach. If they are assigned site wide then they will be able to edit the front page as you have seen and also will be present in every course instead of just their own.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anshul Singhal -

Thanks. You were correct. The teachers were assigned site wide. Now I have removed them from there and now they ar not able to modify the flash file. You have also solved my another problem coz teachers were able to see all the courses which I was about to ask but now it has been resolved. Thanks for your kind support.

Pls tell me that how can I remove the course list from teacher's area coz the list of all the courses is still visible in teachers area. Is it possible that teachers should only be able to see only those courses in which they are assigned? If it is then how? Can we do the same settings for students login???

Thanks in advance......