moodle with oracle install_from_xmldb_file error

moodle with oracle install_from_xmldb_file error

by Wen Jie -
Number of replies: 4
hi i made an installation with moodle and oracle. everything went well until we changed the database user from adminstrator to a newly created user.

we're getting this error: install_from_xmldb_file(E:\inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\server\moodle/lib/db/install.xml)
% line 190, file: index.php

why is that so??
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wen Jie

Re: moodle with oracle install_from_xmldb_file error

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sounds like the newly created DB user does not have enough permissions to let Moodle self-upgrade itself.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: moodle with oracle install_from_xmldb_file error

by Punitha M S -

(on behalf of Wei Jie) We are not trying to upgrade moodle. We are trying to use the same version, but with a DB id who only had select, insert, delete, update privileges for the moodle tables. we are able to login, but cannot proceed much further (creation of course, user fails). Looks like if the table has triggers associated with it, the insert fails. Any ideas on what are the minimum privileges I should be providing.

In reply to Wen Jie

תשובה ל: moodle with oracle install_from_xmldb_file error

by גולי רבנים -

HI Wen

I am really intersted in oracle with moodle. coldn't find enough information about sites using oracle. could you please tell me about you site?

In reply to גולי רבנים

Re: תשובה ל: moodle with oracle install_from_xmldb_file error

by Punitha M S -

Hi,

Ours is an intranet site. So you will not be able to access it. But we are using

- Windows 2008 server

- IIS

- Oracle

- PHP with ZendCore

- Moodle 1.9.5

The config file will need to be changed to use:

$CFG->dbtype = ' oci8po ';

$CFG->dbhost = '';

$CFG->dbname = ' yourhost:port/ConfiguredDBName '

$CFG->dbuser = ' elearnmgr ';

$CFG->dbpass = 'password';

$CFG->dbpersist = false;