Mini-Project module

Mini-Project module

by Karthik Hebbar -
Number of replies: 9
This forum will serve as discussion base for this particular module, We wish to receive more comments regarding this module so as to improve its functionality.

Karthik Hebbar C
Pallavi Maiya H P
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karthik Hebbar

Re: Mini-Project module

by Karthik Hebbar -
Dear Users

The package contains two folders in them: Blocks and mod

1. If you are already using file_manager block then replace your file_manger folder in blocks with the one provided by us or more precisely replace the files 'view.php' and 'view_shared.php' as well as 'link_manage.php' in "[MOODLE FOLDER]/blocks/file_manager"

Others can just copy the file_manager folder to "[MOODLE FOLDER]/blocks/" folder.

2. copy the 'view.php' file in the mod/forum folder provided by us and paste the same in "[MOODLE FOLDER]/mod/forum/" replacing the original file.

3. Copy miniproject folder into "[MOODLE FOLDER]/mod/" folder.

U can download the module from the following URL:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/17191042/7de95c18/sharing.html

Or discuss about it at:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=127006

The documentation can be found at this link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/115109731/b23d7295/Documentation_of_miniproject_moodle_module.html

Thank You

回應: Mini-Project module

by Shwu-Fen Kuo -

Dear all,
I have downloaded mini-project module and install in my moodle site.
After testing, there are some questions, hope anyone can help me to resolve them, thanks.

1. In "Global space" and "My Space" page, group member click the calendar icon, but the calendar doesn't been displayed.
   note: the browser is IE8

2. the grades issue:
2-1. Mini-project belongs to "activity", why the grade of project not been included in Moodle Grades?
     Like as assignment, quiz...etc.

2-2. the calculation of grade is incorrect.
     In Evaluation Criteria, I have set "Context of the Problem" is 50% and "Project Planning" is 50%.
     The score of "context of problem" is 80 and score of "project planning" is 70.
     Why the TOTAL grades is 150? It should be 75 (80*50%+70*50%), should not?

3. In Summary page, group leader press "update Summary" button to enter "Update Summary" page.
   After group leader record something and press "update" button,
   why the page is still stay in "Update Summary" page? It should be return to "Project Summary" page.

4. about shared file, does file share to anyone who are in Moodle site?
   I think the shared file should be only for project members. Does anyone agree it?

In reply to Shwu-Fen Kuo

回應: Mini-Project module

by Shwu-Fen Kuo -

another question, why group mode(separate or visible) must be set in course? otherwise error mesage , "errornogroup", is displayed when group member click "Files" tab.

Thanks.

by Mark Storey -
Hello All,
I'm in the process of evaluating the module so would appreciate a little feed back.

1. The module did not install correctly with error messages appearing with reference to JpGraph. After updating the JpGraph all seemed to work well.

2. The jscalendar does not appear to want to cooperate. Would you have any suggestions as to why on a fresh instance of moodle & mini-project that this function goes on holidays?

3. Is there a connection between the standard assignment modules and the grading regime within mini-project?

Thank for all your hard work. I appreciate it very much.

by Mark Storey -

Hello Karthik ,

Thank you for your fine module, I appreciate your labor very much.

Whilst all component part of the module works fine there is one that has failed on my servers.

I am working for a large institute that has request the functionality of a module like yours. The only issue I have confronted is with the date select using jscalendar.

Whilst the code within “lib.php” & “groupfollowup.php” like fine, the popup facility does not want to budge.

Would you have any suggestions please.

Regards

Mark

by Christian Bokhove -
Is there a way to bulk upload projects?
In reply to Christian Bokhove

by Nathan Friend -

Looks like the link is dead, any alternative download locations for this project?

In reply to Nathan Friend

by Giovanni Ramos -

Hi Nathan, did you find away to download this module???  I want to use something like this in Moodle 2.X  any suggestions?