Translation auf new auth-languagefiles

Translation auf new auth-languagefiles

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
There are several new language files for the auth processes with strings formerly placed in auth.php. Is there a smart way to transfer old translation in new files? Any suggestion?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Translation auf new auth-languagefiles

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm sure someone could write a simple script to split up the old files. Can you file a bug in the tracker, and I'll try to remember to mention it to Martin later today.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Copy translated auth.php into all sub-auth files and them re-save by the admin/lang.php script. Then edit the files and remove all lines marked as orphaned. Not tested but should work.

d.

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Ralf,
you can just split the original auth.php into smaller files and rename accordingly. To mantain compatibility with 1.9.x l you must keep all the strings also n auth.php. See MDL-19468.
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, but it would be very easy for someone to make a little script that atomatically creates all the new auth_xxx.php files from the old auth.php file. It is much more sensible for someone to do that, rathter than translators of all 80 languages to do it by hand. I just assigned MDL-19468 to Sam, so he can tackle it.