Quizzes not saving when submitted

Quizzes not saving when submitted

by Steve Secord -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I have been using Moodle successfully with no problems for a couple of years now and today I ran into my first glitch.

When a student submits a quiz (using the regular quiz module), the mark is always zero (0). I thought, "That is weird". So I created a new student and tried a quiz myself and same thing. Even if I click the "Save without Submitting" button, it erases all of the selected answers in the quiz.

I then noticed that the test scores for previous students were still there, but that their answers were gone.

I find this very weird. I thought it would be a database error, but mysqlcheck is all coming back ok. That is about the extent of what I know.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Secord

Re: Quizzes not saving when submitted

by Steve Secord -

Ok, more information:

It seems that when a student submits their test and is able to see their results, it is showing a different test, not the one they just wrote. This is really strange.

Thought I would put that piece of information out there as well...

Is it possible my moodle code got corrupted? Should I try reinstalling?

Steve

In reply to Steve Secord

Re: Quizzes not saving when submitted

by Steve Secord -

Ok, just another update... just installed the latest weekly build and the tests are still doing the same thing.

Am shutting down and going home for the weekend. Hopefully something will come to me (or somebody will have an answer here) during that time and it will all work on monday!!!! smile

Cheers,
Steve