Fileresponse backup/restore

Fileresponse backup/restore

by Eva Stoeva -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Moodle and I've installed fileresponse question type, but backup/restore functions are not working for submitted files. Is there a fix?
Thanks in advance
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eva Stoeva

Re: Fileresponse backup/restore

by Adriane Boyd -
Hi,

I unfortunately ran out of time to implement this when I was working on this question type as part of the GSoC several years ago. No question types currently back up files (just database info), so it requires a fair amount of time to plan/implement. I think Tim and Penny have discussed adding code to support backing up files for questions in general, but it hasn't happened yet. See MDL-17059.

Thanks,
Adriane
In reply to Adriane Boyd

Re: Fileresponse backup/restore

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes. Penny talked about implementing it for a project she was working on, in which case it will happen in 1.9.x. However, I don't know the latest situation with that.

If that does not happen, then certainly file handling is being rewritten in Moodle 2.0 (everywhere) so I will have to work on this bit of code to change it to the new system. That would be a natural time for me to fix this if it has not already been done.