"Save without submitting" button

"Save without submitting" button

by Lynn Hadfield -
Number of replies: 4
What exactly is this button supposed to do? And where does it save it? We've had some issues with students losing their quiz results because of computer glitches but I'm not sure this button is doing what I think it should. Any help would be appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lynn Hadfield

Re: "Save without submitting" button

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It saves the data in the Moodle database.

The same thing happens automatically when you navigate to another page of a multi-page quiz.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Tim: "The same thing happens automatically when you navigate to another page of a multi-page quiz."

If that is the case, then may I suggest that it would contribute to the 'uncluttering' of the quiz interface to have that "Save without submitting" button not displayed at all on the pages of multi-page quizzes?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you tried doing a quiz in Moodle 2.0 dev?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Tim,
I knew you would mention 2.0... much better interface, I agree, but still a long way away.