Copying or moving questions in a quiz bank

Copying or moving questions in a quiz bank

by Richard Palmer -
Number of replies: 5

Good morning

I have 2 x courses: course A and course B. I have written 200 Multi choice (moodle) quiz questions in course A and, to save time, I would now like to transfer some of these questions to course B. An easy step by step process showing me how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Rick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Palmer

Re: Copying or moving questions in a quiz bank

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Export and import. Import questions
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Richard Palmer -

Hello

I have with your reference to Import questions been able to export questions from Course A quiz bank to Course A files (course admin block), where it is saved as backup>quiz. ..... done!

What I now need to do is transfer - copy/move/export/inport /upload - this file to the Course B quizbank or Course B files (admin block) from where I can create quizzes in Course B. The reference to  Import questions  does not tell me how to do this!

Many thanks Rick

In reply to Richard Palmer

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think you need to
  1. download the file from course A
  2. go to course files in course B
  3. create a folder there called backup/quiz
  4. upload the file there.
  5. Go to import questions
  6. select the file you just uploaded.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Tim
I was asked the other day if you can export/import the entire question bank of one course to another. The first course contains multiple question categories, it appears you can only export one category at a time, we would like to export all categories and all questions with one file. Am I missing something or do we have to continue with each category at a time?
The work around I found was to import a quiz as all the questions come over, then delete the quiz.
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Tim Hunt -
Yes, that is the bese work-around I can think of at the moment.

Another option would be to move all the other categories under a single top-level category, then export that.

Would be nice to have more flexible import/export. Perhaps one day.