AJAX forum rating (was Re: Horizontal Scrolling in v1.9.5 gradebook)

AJAX forum rating (was Re: Horizontal Scrolling in v1.9.5 gradebook)

by Lesli Smith -
Number of replies: 4
Thanks, Elena. I thought it was just my browser wigging out on me. BTW--I was trying to rate your post as useful and can't seem to see the save ratings button anywhere, speaking of wiggy browser issues. Is this happening to anyone else using Firefox 3.0.10?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Lesli Smith

Re: Horizontal Scrolling in v1.9.5 gradebook

by Nicolas Connault -
Lesli, the rating in forum has been improved with AJAX. As soon as you select a rating, it is saved automatically.
In reply to Nicolas Connault

by Lesli Smith -
I noticed that yesterday morning--and it worked perfectly then in that forum, but for some reason with this forum, my ratings seem to be hanging in the drop down box. For instance, now that I've come back a day later, I see that my useful ratings for you and for Elena remain as they were yesterday--chosen in the dropdown box, but not applied, as far as I can tell. I confess I know zip about AJAX, so will try refreshing again to see if it's just a matter of what my browser is allowing me to see not what is there. Do you see my rating of useful in your post directing us to where to find the setting for the static scrolling?
In reply to Lesli Smith

by Elena Ivanova -
I am having the same issue, and it is not the browser. Ajax ratings in this particular forum are not working as expected.
They remain in the drop-down menu for the rater, and are not getting "published" to the left of it.
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: AJAX forum rating

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I occasionally have a problem rating a forum post. I assume it occurs when the server is very busy.

If the problem persists, please report it in the Moodle Tracker.

PS Just moving this discussion to the Forum module forum...