Changing Feedback's "Please be aware..." message

Changing Feedback's "Please be aware..." message

by Rod Kimmel -
Number of replies: 8
How might one go about changing the phrase "Please be aware that any information in the above section may be made public." This is the message the student sees when submitting feedback...I believe the page is generated by complete.php (that is what shows in the browser's URL). I could not find anything through the Admin/Language/Language Editing area...then I started going through the code and got overwhelmed...

We want to show a rather different message - not related to anonymous/public etc...

Thank you in advance for any help you might offer...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rod Kimmel

Re: Changing Feedback's "Please be aware..." message

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

I'm sorry, but I can't find this phrase. What version of feedback/moodle do you use?

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Rod Kimmel -
We are using Moodle 1.9, and the Feedback module is 2007102602.

This message is displayed to students who are filling out the Feedback form. It is near the bottom of the page, above the "Submit your answers" and "Cancel" buttons.

It seems to be coming from complete.php, based upon the URL displayed:
http://[www.mysite.com]/mod/feedback/complete.php?id=4&gopage=0&courseid=

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have...
In reply to Rod Kimmel

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
This sentence does not belong to the Feedback module itself. It must have been added by that feedback instance creator (another teacher?) in the Page after submit box.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Rod Kimmel -
The "Page After Submit" field is empty. The "(*) Please be aware..." text appears BEFORE the page is submitted...
In reply to Rod Kimmel

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I have to insist that the "Please be aware etc." string is nowhere to be found in either the Moodle 1.9 core files or the Feedback module for 1.9 files. Are you quite sure that you or your admin have not edited the language files on your Moodle site? Can you check the local language files (if any) in your moodledata folder? Could you run a file search software on the totality of your moodle (and feedback) and moodledata files (and your moodle database) to try and locate that language string?Could you post here a screenshot showing exactly where that sentence is displayed?
Joseph

by Rod Kimmel -
Wow! I double double check, and indeed the teacher slipped it in as a question. NO wonder I couldn't find it in the language files, etc. Much thanks for your patience and help!
In reply to Rod Kimmel

by Joseph Rézeau -
Rod,
Actually I am one of the most impatient persons I know. But I like to help when I can.smile
Joseph

by Rod Kimmel -
Joseph - many, many thanks.