Confused with HTML Editor

Confused with HTML Editor

by Josh Berry -
Number of replies: 3
I'm just getting started with Moodle and jumped onto a large project at the near end. Some things need to be touched up. The HTML Editor seems to only allow changing basic styles. I know it's easy to edit the markup within the lessons, but how do you edit the html across the site? For instance I want to add a button to the signup page. Can't seem to find it. I'm used to Wordpress where you can just edit the markup of any page by clicking on that page in a list. Thanks,
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josh Berry

Re: Confused with HTML Editor

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I was used to Wordpress too but Moodle is a whole different concept really because it's meant to be easily editable by non-tech teachers and changing the basic theme (which is what I am presuming you want to do) is a separate issue really. Which type of sign up is it you have (email based self registration)? What extra button do you want? Just asking in case Moodle has its own way of doing what you want before you go to edit the files on the actual server.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Josh Berry -
Thanks for the reply. This particular project requires two different types of registration. The user is either a part of an institution, where they register with an additional code, and then there is the average home user who just wants a one-off account. I want to add a separate button for the institutional user, then add some php to send it to the database.

I know how to do all this, but I just don't see how to change the HTML across the whole site. I'm going to have to be doing a lot of these tiny fixes across the site
In reply to Josh Berry

by Edward Beckmann -
Josh

You may have solved the problem by now - if so, please ignore.

Although one way of designing the interface is by adding a button, you may want to think about the problem differently to get eh result you want. For example - do you want people to see different things or go to different places depending on their login? If so, the answer may be in groups and groupings, where resources will appear or hide depending on the person who is logged in. Knowing this, you have control over what people can see and consequently what they can link to.

Hope this helps - do mark the posting as useful if it does.

Ed