Student can only see week 1, other weeks are hidden

Student can only see week 1, other weeks are hidden

by Lauren Panton -
Number of replies: 4
I have another very strange problem, we have a faculty member who is taking a class as a student. For some strange reason, she can only see information that is in the course summary and week 1 even though all of the weeks are visible. All of the other students and teacher in the class can see the all of the weeks. This problem seems only limited to her. Some things I tried:

1. Promoting her to a teacher in the course she is taking as a student. She could not see anything but week 1 in the teacher role or student role.

2. I moved the week 2 content into the week 1 slot and she could see that, but she could not see week 1 which was in the week 2 slot. When I moved it back, the original problem occurred. She could see week 1 in the week 1 slot, but could not see anything else below it.

3. I checked her global role, but it is not set to either role.

I'm don't know what else to try, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Lauren
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauren Panton

Re: Student can only see week 1, other weeks are hidden

by Lauren Panton -
I resolved this, but was not able to delete my post. Sorry for the post.

Thanks,

by Christine Healey -
I had a student who could only see the first few sections - although she could travel to the others using the 'jump to' function. I eventually logged in as her and clicked on 'show all topics', which 'unblocked' the whole course. I'm still flummoxed by how she managed to see the first few topics and not the last few, though! Anything in your resolution shed light on this?

by nayan v -

Hi Lauren,

Can you please share your experience on how you have resolved the issue.

As I am facing the same problem for a particular course.

In reply to nayan v

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Nayan - which version of Moodle are you using? Are you able to log in as the student to see what their problems are?