How do I undo the XML output option in debugging?

How do I undo the XML output option in debugging?

by David Spaar -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I had a failed attempt to install Moodle earlier and asked some questions, thanks for the help everyone has given.  smile  Today I uninstalled that bad effort and carefully reinstalled the packages.  Everything went well, but then I foolishly decided to set some debugging options (I'm a developer and like to see all warnings and error messages).  I was logged in as the admin for the site and went into the Server -> Debugging page.  I selected the DEVELOPER option for displaying messages, then on a whim I clicked the XML option.  Now, unfortunately, all I'm getting from my local moodle site is XML error messages:

<>The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

The server did not understand the request, or the request was invalid. Error processing resource 'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtm...

Does anyone know how I can unset that option?  I have no idea what it actually changed on my system.  I'm going to start digging into the PHP code, but I was hoping someone could save me time.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Spaar

Re: How do I undo the XML output option in debugging?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Dave,

Please check the advice given in the debugging documentation. It doesn't actually mention how to turn off XHTML errors, but hopefully points you in the right direction. Please provide feedback on how you get on so the documentation can be expanded. You're welcome to edit the page yourself if you wish. wink
In reply to David Spaar

Re: How do I undo the XML output option in debugging?

by John Ehringer -
  1. Add "$CFG->xmlstrictheaders = false;" to your config.php file.
  2. Go back to the debugging settings page.
  3. The XML checkbox should be unchecked and there should be a notice about it being defined in config.php, save that page without making any changes.
  4. Remove that line from your config.php file.
  5. You should be all set.
Hope this helps. smile