Dual LDAP Authentication OR Use Peer Moodle Network

Dual LDAP Authentication OR Use Peer Moodle Network

by Michael Vaughan -
Number of replies: 3

Folks my issue is I currently use LDAP/NTLM authentication for single sign on.  Folks login to their computers using smartcards and authenticate automatically to my Moodle server by simply landing on the page.  Now I have the task of DUAL authenticating this server to a completely different AD forest AND put this server in a DMZ AND maintain the internal network autologin NTLM functionaility yet allow others outside our IP range to login using a differnt LDAP server (NON-NTLM) and utilize the server.  I have seen other posts about allowing windows smb trafic from the DMZ and that is a NO GO.  Thus the question is would it be better to use a separate moodle server in the DMZ and have it authenticate using the alternate LDAP server and simply create a peer relationship between the two servers?  I need to consolidate the two database of users to ensure folks on the internal network (both user accounts would have same e-mail addy) ans those that use the external moodle would have a consolidated location.  One thing everyone will have in common is the SAME e-mail on either side...Any suggestions?    I also have the option of authenticating to Computer Associates Siteminder CAS.  Anyone ever used this with moodle?   If I can use siteminder, would I be able to use LDAP/NTLM as a secondary authentication mechanism?   Appreciate any input!

-Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Vaughan

Re: Dual LDAP Authentication OR Use Peer Moodle Network

by Steve Welch -

Michael:

Did you ever get anywhere with using Siteminder?

Steve

In reply to Steve Welch

Re: Dual LDAP Authentication OR Use Peer Moodle Network

by Elavarasan MS -

How to use siteminder in our moodle? what are the requirements to implement?

would appreciate your response

Regards,

Elavarasan