Toggle HTML source doesn't turn off

Toggle HTML source doesn't turn off

by Jeff Wood -
Number of replies: 5

Bug?!

Running Moodle 1.4 and using WinXP, IE6

Web resource page will not off HTML coding in the FULL text window.  Once HTML is toggled on (viewing code) it cannot be turned off.  The summary window seems fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Jeff

PS - seems fine when posting message here.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Wood

Re: Toggle HTML source doesn't turn off

by Jeff Wood -

New issue...

Now when the HTML toggle is on (viewing HTML code) resources do not update.  When save changes is clicked on you are returned to the login page.  When the HTML code isn't toggled (not viewing the HTNL code) save changes works fine.

Any ideas??

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Wood

by Enrique Castro -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Jeff,
    I have weird behavior with the HTML editor in 1.4 version. But  for me IE 6.0 is working well, Mozilla and Firefox are the trouble.

What I experience is as follows: write some text in WYSIWYG mode, switch to HTML view (the <> button), and you can  add some more text. Switch back to WYSIWYG mode and teh text is there, but you cannot add more text. Typing produces nothing (but I see the cursor within the area) . I can add more text in the HTML mode only.

seen on Win2k, Mozilla AND Firefox (latest)

- Enrique Castro -
In reply to Enrique Castro

by Jeff Wood -

Hi Enrique,

Must be a problem somewhere.

Once I leave WYSIWYG mode I cannot return to it.  I have just upgraded to the latest nightly and problem persists.

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Wood

by Enrique Castro -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Jeff,
    The solution to this particular problem of the HTML editor is refreshing/reloading the page. Then all works as expected and you can go back and forth between the HTML and WYSIWYG views.
at least for mozilla and firefox, let me know about IE

- Enrique castro -

In reply to Enrique Castro

by Jeff Wood -

Enrique,

Tnx.

The problem with the HTML problem is that it is so intermittent and variable.

The <> issues seems gone (for now).  This morning I would get kicked back to the login screen when trying to update from <> mode, but not from WYSIWYG mode.

Tonight, everything seems fine  thoughtful

I have never encountered the problem here at moodle.org (maybe because it isn't in the form of a HTML page resource?!

Jeff