visible group forum - learner able to post then not able

visible group forum - learner able to post then not able

by bethany bovard -
Number of replies: 1

System: Moodle 1.9.3+

Forum: Standard Forum  set to visible groups

One of my students posted a message to the forum with no problems and today she logged in and was not able to post to the same forum. She's getting a message that says only group members can post to the forum.

I have not changed any settings between her successful post and her unsuccessful post.  I have also double-checked to see if other members of her group and members of other groups for same forum can post and her's in the only account that this is happening with.

To "fix" the problem, I have removed her from group and re-added her. I've had her log out and back in again.  I've even changed her theme in case it was weird bug with the theme or something... (crazy, but I was desparate).  

Anyway, nothing has worked and I'm truly at a loss as to what the problem could be.   Can anyone help?

Bethany

Average of ratings: -
In reply to bethany bovard

Re: visible group forum - learner able to post then not able

by bethany bovard -

I figured out the problem ( I think).   After logging in as each participant in the course, it became clear that the 4 people total (of 37) who could not post were the same people that already posted.  

I then checked and noted that the discussion forum had been changed from a Standard Discussion forum to a "one post per person"  forum.  I was confused by the message that was saying they couldn't post because they didn't belong to the group.  Never considered that the forum setting would have been changed.  <sigh>

Well, at least I know what is wrong. Now I just wonder if I can change it back without loosing what has already been posted.

Bethany

Average of ratings: Useful (1)