Changing wording on "Submit your Answers" button

Changing wording on "Submit your Answers" button

by Kaz Madigan -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

Is there any way that you can change the wording on the "Submit you Answers" button as we want to change it to "Submit your Verification".

Is this possible and if so how would I go about it.

Kaz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kaz Madigan

Re: Changing wording on "Submit your Answers" button

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Kaz Madigan -

Thanks so much for this solution Joseph, I'll get onto those who have that access shortly.

"Submit your Verification" is unusual because we used the feedback form more like an email form in this instance. It is used in a self paced staff training course where, when the participant has completed, they send off this feedback email so the college is  alerted to their completion. They wanted 'submit your verification' wording to stop any confusion and make the process more direct.

thanks again

kaz

In reply to Kaz Madigan

by Robert Brenstein -
Be aware that editing the language file will change the wording for all instances of feedback on your site. If this is the only one, there is no problem. Otherwise, you need to make a little hack or use a different module (dialog module could be used for this chore me thinks).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Matt B -
Hi Robert, how does one do this?
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Matt B -
What if feedback.php is not in the drop down menu? I am dying to make changes to some of the wording on some buttons...the only option I have is to change items in en_utf8_local/. Any ideas?

Thanks.
In reply to Matt B

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Matt,

you have to copy the lang files from feedback/lang/en_utf8 to <your moodle>/lang/en_utf8.
Then the file will be shown in the dropdown list.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
It should be listed at the very bottom of the drop down.
Attachment feedbackmenu.png