Simple Reading Chart

Simple Reading Chart

by David Mark Weiss -
Number of replies: 4
I have students who want to track their assigned readings. A simple check off really.

Actually, I would like to see if where they are in their reading, even if the check off may not always be an accurate representation, if you know what I mean.

Any ideas?

Mark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Mark Weiss

Re: Simple Reading Chart

by Stephan Rinke -
Hi Mark,

I know it's not much help for you today but if I remember correctly this kind of feature will be included in moodle 2.0 where any activity in moodle can be ticked off as done by students as part of the conditional activities feature.

Perhaps somebody else knows how to achieve this with the current version of moodle?

Best regards,

Stephan
In reply to David Mark Weiss

by ben reynolds -
Wiki? Just list the readings and make an X. Or, if you want to know that they have started but not finished, use "S" for that.

Or Forum. Make a topic for each assigned reading. Student replies to the first post in each topic with "done." Fiddle around w/ ratings/gradings and maybe you can get it into the gradebook?
In reply to ben reynolds

by Robert Brenstein -
The database module is also an alternative. Choice could be used as well if there are not too many reading assignments. Feedback could also be used if set to allow multiple submits, with each question being an assignment.
In reply to ben reynolds

by Paula Clough -

A forum is interesting... if you did a separate entry for each reading.  You can turn on the tracking feature.  If students don't click onto the reading entry until they have completed the reading, they could track where they are.

Are these readings resources in the Moodle or in a book?

Paula Clough cool