Question for Developers/Sys Admins: If change "default" gradebook agg at site level, how does this affect production courses?

Question for Developers/Sys Admins: If change "default" gradebook agg at site level, how does this affect production courses?

by Mary Parke -
Number of replies: 2
Hello!

We are looking at switching the "default" gradebook aggregation method to "sum" rather than "simple weighted". We want to do this between semesters. However, we don't know if this will have an indirect consequence on existing courses - as we take those backups and restore them to new shells for the upcoming semester.

If we make this site-level change, will this break the default aggregation in courses that were set to use the "default" or will those existing courses remain at "simple weighted" aggregation?

We're still on 1.9.4+.

We saw the documentation on the ability to hide aggregations for 1.9.5 from the sys admin site level gradebook settings, but this doesn't address if we change the default setting.

Many thanks!

- Mary
In reply to Mary Parke

Re: Question for Developers/Sys Admins: If change "default" gradebook agg at site level, how does this affect production courses?

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Mary,
Will you just select Sum as a default aggregation without Forcing? Existing gradebooks should stay the same then.

But I would highly recommend to try this on the testing environment first. smile
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: Question for Developers/Sys Admins: If change "default" gradebook agg at site level, how does this affect production courses?

by Mary Parke -
Hello Elena!

Thank you for replying!

Yes - if that's an option I would definitely prefer to set without forcing. And I agree, testing environment first!

If/when we do this, I will post my results to this forum for any else interested.

Cheers!

- Mary