How to create Database: User name and Password?

How to create Database: User name and Password?

by Laura Lin -
Number of replies: 2
I encountered the problem:"The database details specified in config.php are not correct, or the database is down."

I read from the previous forum that I have to create a database called "moodle", make a user called "moodleuser" with the password "moodle" and given it full access to the "moodle" database

Can someone tell me where and how to do that in Windows system?

I use Windows XP, installed Foxserv.

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura Lin

Re: How to create Database: User name and Password?

by Ger Tielemans -

I use also FoxServ but until version 3.0

You have to change your config-file, I suggest to place this file with sensitive information outside the foxserv-tree:

What I do is place the REAL config-file, the copy of config-dist.php outside the foxserv-tree and then PLACE a dummy in the rootdir of Moodle with a path-reference, for example to d:\include as the content in the dummy:

<?php include ("d:\include\config.php") ?>

In your "banned" config.php you need to change:

$CFG-> dbtype = "mysql";
$CFG-> dbhost = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"; // this must be a real address, localhost does only work for the browser on the same machine...
$CFG-> dbuser = "foxservuser";  // if you did change "root" in username: foxservuser during foxserv install
$CFG-> dbpass = "foxservpassword"; // if you did change "" into a real password, in this case foxservpassword, during foxserv install

$CFG->root = "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/moodle";  // the same story as above, real address

$CFG->dirroot ="C:\FoxServ\www\moodle;
(Mind the uppercase in C and in my case FoxServ, Moodle otherwise will complain during install)

$CFG->dataroot = "C:\datamoodle" (here also C uppercase.
The Moodle install also doesn't allow the forward slashes "Unix-style" in the path-names anymore..)

I consider to switch to phperl2.3 because it has extra built-in: emailserver (Hermes), ftpserver(Pablo) Did someone test the combination phperl and Moodle?

In reply to Laura Lin

Re: How to create Database: User name and Password?

by carlos valle -
I recommend to you to use better linux mandrake 9,1 , instead of Windows XP, to follow the instructions of manual and not problems