Feedback - Mapping Feedback to courses

Feedback - Mapping Feedback to courses

by Shelly Vaughan -
Number of replies: 3

We are attempting to use the Feedback Module to facilitate our course evaluations. I have two questions

1. Is there a method to map feedback to a specfic course? 
2. Is there a method to provide conditional access or manually provide access for a student to complete a course evaluation without opening the evaluation for all members of course.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shelly Vaughan

Re: Feedback - Mapping Feedback to courses

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

1) I'm not sure what do you mean. If you use the feedback-block with feedbacks on the frontpage so you can map single courses to this feedback.

2) conditional access will be supported first on moodle 2. Currently you can define a grouping to limit the access to specific students.

Andreas
In reply to Shelly Vaughan

by Cheryl Ayres -

From what I read - there are two ways to use this feature: Globally or per course.

Per course uses the mod as an activity but you can only access the reports per courses - which is time consuming for an administrator.

We are using 1.8 on MySQL and the block wouldnt work, but we wanted it to appear as an activity in the syllabus rather than a block within the course as the students might consider it very optional rather than part of the course.

So here's the step by step of what we did:

1) Install feedback module and create an instance of the Feedback Survey on the HOME page of Moodle.  Create the questions and save.

2) To map the courses - type in something to filter your course selections with.  All our course shortcodes include the term month (_Apr).  This builds a list to select from.

3) Once the survey is complete and the courses have been added - you can add the survey link to the actual courses.    I used the following:   Add resource, Add link to file or website.  The URL used was the direct link to the survey in the HOME course with an added parameter of courseid = Course.id   This ensures that the data is associated with the course.

Any course that has this link that is not mapped yet - should display an error.

In reply to Cheryl Ayres

by Cheryl Ayres -
revised post - the block did work - I was doing things in the wrong order ... thanks Andreas!