Enrolment duration not working

Enrolment duration not working

by John Wellwood -
Number of replies: 4
I hope this is the correct section...

Our Moodle site has been running for 3 months now, with no major issues (touch wood). However last week, I noticed although our course has an enrolment duration of 31 days, there are still clients enrolled in the course (listed in the student assignments) who have purchased the course 8 weeks ago.

So, last week I created another course for testing, and set the duration to 2 days and enrolled as normal.

Today I've checked this test course, and my test account is still listed as enrolled in the assignment list.

What could be causing this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Wellwood

Re: Enrolment duration not working

by John Wellwood -
Anyone?

by Richard Standen -
Are you using an external authentication method? Not 100% sure, but I have a feeling that if you are mainating enrollment data via external db - that Moodle won't be able to apply duration.

Only a hunch based upon something I've seen! But possibly something for you to look into!

Richard
In reply to Richard Standen

by John Wellwood -
Thanks Richard.

We're using a database on the same domain, it's not external (It's web based, as is the database)

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are enrolling users from an external database (external meaning it's not Moodle's own database), the course enrolment duration isn't used at all. The rationale is that the external database is authoritative on the subject, so if you want to unenrol someone from a course, you need to remove that enrolment from the external database.

Saludos. Iñaki.