database password

database password

by mero princess -
Number of replies: 2

hi all;

i'm new here . i installed MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19 "Complete install packages for Windows ". i followed the instructions but in the database configuration i faced a problem, what is the password?! , actually i don't know how to get it or where is it?

please reply to me ASAP ....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mero princess

Re: database password

by Leah Moir -
I have the same problem mero princess. It is unclear whether I have to supply an already existing password or if I am making a password. Have you had any luck with this?
In reply to Leah Moir

Re: database password

by Richard Enison -
LM & MP,

I can't believe that nobody has answered such a simple question in 7 months!!! What has happened to the Moodle community? (Me? I've been busy & somewhat incapacitated).

The answer is (now that it is probably too late for the two of you but maybe others can benefit from this), before u install Moodle u are supposed to install a webserver (Apache, IIS, etc.), PHP, and a database server (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.); then u need 2 create a database for Moodle 2 use, and a database user for Moodle 2 use it as. U need 2 give that user a password. Then when u install Moodle, it will ask u for the parameters of the database: its type (whether it is MySQL, etc.), name, the name of the user & the associated password. If u don't know what your database user password is, I wonder whether u created a database user at all. Or a database. If not, start over and create the database & user first.

When all else fails, read the instructions (Create Moodle site database).

RLE