Site news restrictions

Site news restrictions

by Juan Balsa -
Number of replies: 4

I use the site news at the frontpage as a newsletter. I would like only to have one user to manage this section.

The problem i have is that now all my students and teachers can do this and i cant control this

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Balsa

Re: Site news restrictions

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You need to ensure that your teachers and students have NOT been entered via site admin>users>permissions>assign system roles as this gives them access to everywhere on your site. Take them out of there -just put them in the courses where they will be working -and then the one person you want to edit the site news, put them in the role via site admin>front Page>front page roles.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Juan Balsa -

First of all, thank you very much for your promptly asistance.

I ve done what you told me but when i logged as a student that have NOT been entered via site admin>users>permissions>assign system roles , which is enrole in a course when  it enters into his session he can add a topic and also he can delete what i write.

I  configure me as the front page admin, im an admin user also

In reply to Juan Balsa

by John White -
Juan,

In addition to not assigning system roles except to 'admin', and not assigning Front Page roles except to your news maintainer, as Mary mentions, you may also need to check...
Administraion->Users->Permissions->User Policies, and make sure that 'Default role for all users' is Authenticated User, NOT student.

Regards,
John
In reply to Juan Balsa

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Quote: when i logged as a student that have NOT been entered via site admin>users>permissions>assign system roles , which is enrole in a course when it enters into his session he can add a topic and also he can delete what i write.
Make sure (as well as what John says re authenticated user for the whole Moodle) that in your course the default role in course settings is set to student and not teacher. What you are describing sounds as if the student has editing teacher rights across the course.