Assignment viewable by all?

Assignment viewable by all?

autor Tim Grech -
Počet odpovědí: 3
I want to have an assignment where students are able to view eachother's and read eachother's feedback.

I am currently using forums for this because I edit them "in line" and I want them to see eachother's inline corrections and comments (that I have added - I edit their posts). This makes for a very long page!

Can this be done with the assignment module?
Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na Tim Grech

Re: Assignment viewable by all?

autor ben reynolds -
Hi Tim,

You don't say whether you want the students to comment about your comments, in which case Assignment won't likely work.

If you don't want the students to comment on the feedback, then here's one idea, if the feedback you are providing is in the form of a .doc file or something like that.

Write up the feedback for all students. Zip it. Upload & unzip. Copy the link locations. Paste the link locations into an html page or a label -- anyplace you can post a list of links.

If you do want students to comment about your corrections and comments, you can use the same approach and just start X number of threads inside one forum, one for each kid.

One virtue of using .doc or Open Office files is the reviewing tool allows you to comment and correct (via track changes). Some of my writing instructors use this approach.
V odpovědi na ben reynolds

autor Tim Grech -

That sounds very useful thanks Ben - don't know why i didn't think of a forum with different threads!!!

I have also just been reading up. Is this what a Workshop is for?

I don't necessarily want them to comment in reply to my comments, but I would love them to be able to submit a 2nd version of their assignment with improvements made based on my comments.

I do love the comment options in Word and usually create a pdf of that for the kids to read.

I'd love the day when this is just as easy to do in Moodle, although now I often just "edit" their forum submissions with inline comments of a different colour. Not as quick and easy but Ok - have they ever thought about adding footnotes?

V odpovědi na Tim Grech

autor ben reynolds -
I was wondering if you were doing some kind of a workshop. My first thought when new to Moodle was to use Workshop, but then I realized it wasn't being maintained.

"This module maybe removed from the standard Moodle in 2.0" turned me off. http://docs.moodle.org/en/Workshop

If you stick with the forum, you can just have students submit a revision as an attachment. One virtue of having a revision go up that other students can see is you won't be the only one saying, "You didn't change much, did you?"