Burmese/Myanmar

Burmese/Myanmar

by Tormod Aagaard -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

One of my colleagues would like to start translating moodle into burmese. By searching the net, I've found the code my_MM for this language, and reckon the name of the locale in langconfig.php should be my_MM.utf-8, and the name for the new package my_utf8.

Does anyone in this forum know if this is correct?

I would also like to know if anyone else is interested in contributing to a burmese translation.

Thank you
Tormod

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tormod Aagaard

Re: Burmese/Myanmar

by Yane Frenski -

Hi Tormod,

I know this an extremely old post, but I couldn't find anything related to Moodle Myanmar translation elsewhere. Do you know of any new developments? Is there anyone working on that? I need a Myanmar translation for one project and it seems extremely difficult to find anything.

Thanks!

Yane

In reply to Yane Frenski

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

There have been a few attempts to start up Burmese, but nothing happened eventually.

So at the moment I'm not aware of anything happening to that.

You can contact the language pack maintainers via https://lang.moodle.org/local/amos/credits.php#credits-language-my

Kind regards

Koen

In reply to koen roggemans

by Yane Frenski -

Many thanks, Koen!

I'll contact the pack maintainers as suggested and will check with them if there are any new developments!

Best,

Yane