Gradebook stomping over feedback entered in Assignment Module

Gradebook stomping over feedback entered in Assignment Module

by Dave Warfield -
Number of replies: 6
Using: Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080827)

We are encountering issues where instructors have entered grades and feedback using the Assignment module. When we go into the gradebook to finalize grades and enter the attendance #'s, then select UPDATE, it is stomping over the feedback that was entered leaving only the first line of feedback and erasing all the other written information.

Has anybody else encountered this? Is it perhaps related to cut and paste from MS Word, that is being erased by the gradebook?
In reply to Dave Warfield

Re: Gradebook stomping over feedback entered in Assignment Module

by Elena Ivanova -
I have tried to test it with all of those weird word tags coming out of MS 07 - worked ok for me in FF and IE.
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Dave Warfield -
I made sure that all Data was entered manually, or copied from Notepad.

It seems when we have attendance information entered inside of the gradebook and [Update] is selected it removes almost all comments that had been entered using the assignment module for all other assignments related to that class. It removes all but the first line of the feedback.

by Dave Warfield -
Further to the above, after selecting [update], all of the grades are shown as being overridden.
Attachment gradebook.jpg

by Elena Ivanova -
I can not provide any suggestion for the fix since it sounds like some kind of bug that should be fixed by programmers sad.
But I want to double-check - when you provide your attendance info, do you provide it manually in the first two columns, not touching the DDD ones at all?

by Dave Warfield -
That is correct, the only fields that are entered are in the first two columns. Yet after selecting [update] it changes almost all the other columns. Not the grades, just the written feedback.

by Dave Warfield -
It looks like we have discovered the problem, it had to do with Quick Feedback being turned on in the Grader report, the quick feedback seemed to display limited amounts of text, and when update was done it just wrote over the old feedback with the shown text.

Turning off the Quick Feedback in the grader report looks to have fixed this problem.