Moodle is Awesome!

Moodle is Awesome!

by Brendan G -
Number of replies: 2
I never thought I would find an open source e-learning solution that is so easy to use and implement.

I am about to set moodle up for our Secondary High School and I can already see people's reactions.

Since becoming the Intranet Administrator a year ago, I've found it difficult to find a product that both staff and students would benefit from. Moodle has solved this problem!

I plan on using Red Hat Linux 9.0 with Apache webserver to host the site. By using the LDAP feature within the product, students will be able to use their Novell Username and password - excellent for maintaining a single username and password.

In choosing this option, implementing this product into our school will basically mean minimal costs - a great benefit to a school, with a limited budget.

It is great to see a product that schools can use to further improve student development, especially by using a web platform. This is the only way to go in our world today.

Even better, this site will be open to the students 24hrs a day, seeing they will be able to access it from home.

Congrads Martin on creating such a great product! I hope that you realise that you are helping so many people out there (especially Aussies), to further enhance learning pathways.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brendan G

Re: Moodle is Awesome!

by Ger Tielemans -

My schools will also use the combination of Novell and Moodle..
How easy is it to realise what you did with LDAP?

In reply to Ger Tielemans

Re: Moodle is Awesome!

by Brendan G -

I sucessfully got moodle up and running today with Novell Usernames and LDAP.

We run Novell Netware 6 SP2 on our student server, so LDAP is basically enabled straight out of the box. It was only a matter of telling moodle where the LDAP server is, what contexts the users exist in and giving moodle access to an LDAP user. Firstly, I tested it out with the admin account, but since I've created another account "moodle", with rights for LDAP.

I've never had much experience with LDAP, but found that it was quite easy to set up. Now that its working, I will be able to tell students to give it a test.

Brendan