RF(yet still more)C: changes to the drag and drop contrib question type

RF(yet still more)C: changes to the drag and drop contrib question type

by Penny Leach -
Number of replies: 2
Hello again, quiz forum!

So the next thing I'm looking at, is adding the ability to define non-rectangular drop targets for the drag and drop question type. Required, are ellipses and polygonal (just straight line/point based, not curved) shapes.

This sounds pretty crazy, and before I rip out what is left of my hair after it caught on fire trying to make formslib give me a matrix of checkboxes, the lovely people I work with at liip who are flash gurus, suggested using flash, rather than javascript.

So what I propose is an extra advanced setting in the existing drag and drop form that enables a flash only mode, which uses flash both to define the drag and drop areas, and for the student actually taking the quiz.

This is further documented here: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Drag_and_drop_question_type_flash_development

Questions, feedback welcome!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Penny Leach

Re: RF(yet still more)C: changes to the drag and drop contrib question type

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Penny, are you sure it makes sense to do this as an option on the existing question type, rather than as a new 'flashdragdrop' question type?

I also feel that you have too many database tables for defining the hotspots. A single question_flashdragdrop_hotspot* table with the geometry blobified might actually be better in this case, even though it is generally bad practice.

* You can't use that name, is longer than the 28 char limit in the coding guildelines.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: RF(yet still more)C: changes to the drag and drop contrib question type

by Penny Leach -
No, not anymore... I spent some time speccing it yesterday and now ... yeah I'm really not sure.