Moodle Reports

Moodle Reports

by Mohan V -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

I work as a Moodle administrator for a college in London and I have been asked to create few custom reports on Moodle. The report module on Moodle does not support custom reports therefore can someone help or inform me on how I can create the  the following reports for my college . your help is much appreciated.

A list of courses with students added (no of students) and date of first/last enrolment

A list of courses with resources added and date of first/last addition

No/names of staff accessing Moodle

A list of inactive courses

Thank you

Mohan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohan V

Re: Moodle Reports

by Red Morris -

Do you have the SQL already done? I am undertaking a project at my college to create some reports at the moment, so I might be able to help. I have properly integrated them and working on making them official Moodle plug-ins, but the project is supposed to wrap up today. Some of those reports will be useful to us too, so I might be able to push it through.

Edit: You could do the list of inactive courses using the Course Overview report by picking your date range and looking at the bottom of the list....if it let you enter more than two digits for the number of courses to return.

To change that you could open up moodle\admin\report\courseoverview\index.php and change the following line so that maxlength is 3, or 4 if you really need it:

$table->data[] = array(get_string('statsreporttype'),choose_from_menu $reportoptions,'report',$report,'','','',true), get_string 'statstimeperiod'),choose_from_menu($timeoptions,'time',$time,'','','',true), '<input type="text" name="numcourses" size="3" maxlength="2" value="'.$numcourses.'" />', '<input type="submit" value="'.get_string('view').'" />') ;