If you create a graded activity and later change it to non-graded activity, it still appear as an item in gradebook

If you create a graded activity and later change it to non-graded activity, it still appear as an item in gradebook

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Number of replies: 2
OK, this is probably not a big issue, but just thought that I would bring it up here for some discussion.

I have just tested with the latest 1.9.4+ codes (20090223) and found it still behave the same. We have proposed a quiz fix (see MDL-18353) but would like to hear people's comments about it, and whether it would be a good idea to commit it into core as a default behavior or should this be something to keep for local customization. Thanks! smile

Wen
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

Re: If you create a graded activity and later change it to non-graded activity, it still appear as an item in gradebook

by Elena Ivanova -
Totally agree.
The column becomes empty (no grades are displayed in the gradebook = not included in calculations), so it is weird to have it there.
However, I have just added another completely new non-graded activity (assignment), and it also shows up as an empty column in the gradebook.

The column should not be showing in any case, imho. I've voted.
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: If you create a graded activity and later change it to non-graded activity, it still appear as an item in gradebook

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Hi Elena, thanks for voting. For the proposed patch, it will not show any non-graded activity (assignment) in the gradebook as a default behavior. smile

Wen