Propose MoodleDoc Installing Moodle page changes

Propose MoodleDoc Installing Moodle page changes

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi, March
I am inviting comments, edits and corrections on pages in MoodleDocs. I am not an expert at installation, however the Installing and FAQ pages "have matured" and needed some redirection.

I have tried to shorten the Installing Moodle page by creating a draft at Installing_Moodle/Install_draft. I edited some words and provided more links.

In order to make it shorter, I moved information from sections to new pages that I created. Again, I tried to provide some contextual words in the sections for the link to the new page. These page names might be improved, as well as the content. I slapped {{Review}} on all of them.

Finally, I created a template that appears on all these new MoodleDoc pages. I thought it was a handy way to jump around for people who were editing all this new stuff. Then it occurred to me that perhaps this template might be useful for people who are trying to jump to important pages that deal with installations.

I would like to know what people think. While my edits are mild, this is such an important and often visited page, that it should be reviewed by many people. I will be checking this thread and the talk pages in MoodleDocs.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs over the next 2 weeks (?).

Best Chris
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Collman

PLEASE NOTE Installing Moodle page changed

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
I changed the main installing Moodle page and created new pages and a new template. Still needs tweaking. It is still long and can use some more tweaking.

Best Chris