Enter apostrophe = error editing forums

Enter apostrophe = error editing forums

by Carlos Vargas -
Number of replies: 4
I've been testing my moodle forums and journals, and I'm having this weird problem when adding, editing, or updating. Basically, if I write "I have been testing moodle" NO problem, but if I write "I've been testing moodle ", then I get an error or could-not message. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

This means I cannot use contractions, which I guess is not that big of a deal. But, no possessives? I don't think so.

Help please.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Vargas

Re: Enter apostrophe = error editing forums

by John Gone -
Hello Carlos,
I've just pasted the complete text from your post into several forum posts and journal entries at my site. I used all three Formatting options and no problems...? Sometimes PHP and Quotes/apostrophes do things...just guessing there. Good Luck
John
In reply to John Gone

by Carlos Vargas -
Hi John,
Thanks for your reply. You gave me an idea by telling me that you had "pasted" text from my forum. I went out of Moodle and wrote something in MS Word, then copied and pasted what I wrote into my Moodle forum. And wouldn't you know it, it worked.

Well that gives me hope and a lead to work with.

Thanks again,
Carlos
--- ---
In reply to Carlos Vargas

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Carlos Vargas -
Thanks Martin. That did the trick. I created an .htaccess file that I copied from lib/htaccess and put it in the moodle directory. I overlooked this important Apache detail when I installed Moodle. Shame on me!

So far I'm very pleased with Moodle; thanks for that, too.