Course Creator role

Course Creator role

by Maria SHILINA -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everybody!

I've got a problem with course creators role. In Docs it's written, that Corse Creator can create courses and teach in them. In my system he is only able to create a course, but cannot teach in it. When i log in as course creator and try to enter my course the system asks me to subscribe for the course. Is it possible for course creator to teach in his course without asking administrator to give him a teacher-role?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maria SHILINA

Re: Course Creator role

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
When a course creator creates a course, don't they automatically get added to it as a teacher?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ray Lawrence -
Yes, provided that the default setting in Users > Permissions > User policies has not been changed.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Maria SHILINA

by Ann Adamcik -
I just tried this on demo.moodle.org, and a course creator does automatically get added to any course he/she creates.

Which version of Moodle are you using? Is your course creator assigned to any other role(s) that might be conflicting? Also, check Site Administration -> Users -> Permissions -> User Policies, and verify that you have Creators' role in new courses = Teacher.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)