A questions about CVS use

A questions about CVS use

by Gustav W Delius -
Number of replies: 3

I find the instructions for developer's CVS use very clear. But nevertheless I still have one questions:

After merging our bug fixes from the stable branch to the development branch, do we tag the whole module with the MOODLE_14_MERGED tag or only the files that were merged?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: A questions about CVS use

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Currently all the files in MOODLE_14_STABLE have the MOODLE_14_MERGED tag on them (the MERGED tag is created for all files always after creating the branch, isn't it, Martin?).

So, you only have to move the floating tag (MERGED) to the merged files.

At least, this is that I'm doing since 13_STABLE, so I hope it's correct... wink

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Gustav W Delius -
That certainly makes a lot of sense. My question arose because I had read in the instructions that tags should be applied only to the whole module. But of course moving tags is a different thing and can be done on individual files. Thanks.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That is correct, yes.  You only need to merge individual files (not the whole tree), and you only need to move the MERGED tag on those files.