HTML editor not displaying 1.4 Beta

HTML editor not displaying 1.4 Beta

by Bryan Williams -
Number of replies: 8

Janne,

Upgraded one of my demo sites last night with Moodle 1.4 Beta. HTML editor does not display in IE6, Mozilla or Firefox.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: HTML editor not displaying 1.4 Beta

by Janne Mikkonen -
Hi Bryan,

Is your demo site online, so I could take a peek? I made one update and one clean install last night too and no problems with editor.

by Janne Mikkonen -
Just visited your site and you're right no editor mixed. But the really weird thing is that there are no errormessages!?! Only HTMLArea is not defined. Every script that is needed for generate the editor are shown in source view, but no editor (scratching my fast balding head).

I assume that you haven't done any changes to your server side lately.
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by Bryan Williams -
Haven't changed anything on the server, other than upgrade Moodle. Would there be something specific on the server that might effect this?

by Janne Mikkonen -
I know some PHP accelerators can cause problems, but usually there are more javascript error messages. On your site there are practically none???. Can you take a look of your web server logs? If there would be something useful information?

by Ron Banks -

I am confirming this problem.  I have downloaded 1.4 dev with CVS and am seeing the same problem.  I am not showing "HTML text" availability when I look at adding a text resource either.

Ron

In reply to Ron Banks

by Janne Mikkonen -
I think Bryan's problem is somewhat solved.

Is your site online, if I could take a peek?

by Ron Banks -

This is on a localhost test site where I am trying to keep up with all the changes of modules etc dead.  That is a big job in and of itself.  It is within a nonbroadcasting wireless ip network behind a router to the internet.

It is running off an IBM laptop using Windows 2000 with WinLAMP running on top and I am running several moodle sites including the CVS updated daily site.  I try every couple of days to update it.  Right now it is using the formal white them which has given me problems in the past. 

All that to say, sorry, it is not online where you could look at it, that would be nice.

Thanks, Ron

In reply to Ron Banks

by Bryan Williams -

Ron,

The problem I reported turned out to be related to a change on the server my ISP made, upgrading some security software, and nothing to do with Moodle or the HTML editor. This was done coincidentally right at the time I upgraded a Moodle installation. wide eyes  Once this was discovered, the fix was made in a few minutes. Check with your ISP and see if they have changed anything recently with their DNS or server firewall software. I suspect this will be an issue for people, and we don't want to drive Janne into the nut house with unrelated problems.