inaccuracies in student reports

inaccuracies in student reports

by Linda Dimitrov -
Number of replies: 2
We recently noticed that the grades the students see in the gradebook report varies considerably from the grades the teachers see. Students were grumbling about how low their grades were which surprised me so while they were in the computer lab I had them check their grades and compared them with mine - there were significant differences. Other teachers have complained of the same problem. Any suggestions about where to begin to correct this problem? Has anyone else experienced this problem? We are running Moodle 1.9
In reply to Linda Dimitrov

Re: inaccuracies in student reports

by Richard Bowman -

We began using Moodle this fall semester with version 1.9 something. When I have seen student and faculty grades not looking the same it is because the instructor has hidden a grade or two. The grade the instructor sees includes all of a student's grades while the student appears to see only the grade calculated on what they may see. Maybe someone else can say definitively if this is so.

Richard Bowman, Academic Computing, Bridgewater College, VA, USA

In reply to Richard Bowman

Re: inaccuracies in student reports

by Linda Dimitrov -

Thanks for your reply...and yes, I noticed exactly that with hidden grades within one course of another teacher...so thouhgt we'd resolved the problem... BUT I do not hide grades in my courses and we still had the same problem. I do enter grades two ways and wondered if that could be the case - by entering grades through assignments and by entering grades directly in the gradebook and using the override function. My grades display correctly - student grades do not. I was wondering if there is something I need to check for in the admin settings of the gradebook???

Linda Dimitrov, ICT Coordinator, Anglo-American School of Sofia, Bulgaria