Feedback,evaluations, and grading...

Feedback,evaluations, and grading...

by Margaret Oget -
Number of replies: 3
This semester, I will be using the feedback module for 3 kinds of surveys: a class evaluation survey, 3 group evaluation surveys over the course of the semester, and 3 self-evaluation surveys (non anonymous).

I would LOVE to be able to transfer the data I get from the feedback module directly into some kind of grade, but I don' see how that's possible.

Any suggestions?

[I'm fine with manually overriding the grades, but I'd like a more elegant solution, if there is one.]
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Margaret Oget

Re: Feedback,evaluations, and grading...

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Margaret,
I'm afraid I do not understand what you want to do. A survey (or a "questionnaire") are basically different from a quiz (or test) precisely in that they do not result in "grades". Can you tell us some more about those "grades" you want to get, what for, etc.?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Margaret Oget -
Hi Joseph.

Part of my students' class participation grade is their self-evaluation. Part of it is their work-group members' evaluation.

Both of these evaluations are being done in a feedback module. In the case of self-evaluations, it allows students to rate their own classroom participation and to speak honestly about their class preparation, both in a multiple choice and in a long answer format (named submissions). In the case of the group evaluations, students may (and must) anonymously evaluate the members of their group (multiple anonymous submissions).

There's no obvious way to turn this kind of feedback into grades automatically. I guess I can just create an off-line activity, hide it, and use it to enter grades. I was mostly hoping for a place in the feedback in which you could assign a grade...but I guess that doesn't make much sense, when many of them are anonymous.

Wishing, really, more than seriously asking.

In reply to Margaret Oget

by B Beals -
I've been working on solving this same problem, slightly different context, but I've been unable so far to figure out how to make the feedback module communicate with the gradebook. If you view the forum topic I've started, and start with the 6th post into that discussion, you can see what else has been suggested and given as input.

Restricting Posts to Certain People

and I've started a new post with that as the title and haven't even gotten a single reply there yet..

Feedback Activity NOT GRADABLE