is Moodle right for me?

is Moodle right for me?

by l mandville -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,
i have to migrate a html website, a training provider database and a document download page and forum/newsletter into one flush looking wesbite.

yep a simple cms idea.
all courses are just information with qualifiaction levels, contacts and other notes.

the only requirement is that it has to be one way simple as the site admin wont remember how to update the database, change the forum post edit the html and send the newsletter in one afternoon.

there will be no user input expect for maybe a mail form for adding/updating the database.

so is moodle right for me?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to l mandville

Re: is Moodle right for me?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
As ever... the devil is in the detail with this sort of question. The thing to take away about Moodle is that it is about courses. A Moodle Course is a discrete learning area with (optionally) controlled access. That very much sets the look and feel of Moodle.

If you require something a little more informal a conventional CMS might be better (Drupal, Joomla etc).

Having said that... none of these tools are entirely trivial to use so I'm unsure you are going to find something quite as simple as you need. This is especially true when you try to shoe-horn the software into a role is wasn't quite intended for.
In reply to Howard Miller

by l mandville -
thank for the direct answer, i have looked at joomla and also drupal but may just go for a basic option of static site, with injected php and a seperate forum.

if you want the url of the current test site, let me know and i will PM to you.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
One argument in favour of Moodle is that if you think you might move in the direction of adding online activities to your courses later, then it would make sense to already be using an educational tool like Moodle for you basic content.