Win 2003 problem

Win 2003 problem

by Mark Hope -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

Just installed for a client on my Win 2003 and at certain times it crashed the Application pool, leaving the site "Service Unavailable"

Ive had to put the site on its own pool so it does not affect the other sites, but I need a fix. Anyone know what the problem is.

Thanks, Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hope

Re: Win 2003 problem

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you checked the event logs? Oh, and what's wrong with having it use it's own pool if that works?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Mark Hope -

<Quote>Have you checked the event logs? </Quote>
I don't use moodle, just helping a friend, but Ill take a look now.

<Quote> Oh, and what's wrong with having it use it's own pool if that works?</Quote>

It still crashed the pool, my freind says it happens when uploading images sometimes, but not always.

Cheers

In reply to Mark Hope

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mark,

we've had some strange behavior on some of our win2003 boxes - can you try viewing a pure html page on the site when this occurs? - is it really crashing the whole application pool, or does it crash just ASP.NET processing - still allowing html content & possibly php content?

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mark Hope -

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. It crashes the pool, no pages viewable, including HTML pages. Have to restart the pool sad

Cheers

In reply to Mark Hope

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

did you find anything in the win2003 event logs?

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mark Hope -

Maybe this is the problem (Success is their pool):

A process serving application pool 'Success' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '5152'. The process exit code was '0x80'.